Author Topic: Latest Models on Weekend Storm (Photos)  (Read 1247 times)

Offline JC

• Administrator
  • JcWeather
    • JcWeather
Latest Models on Weekend Storm (Photos)
« on: January 22, 2016, 09:43:03 AM »
Here are the latest models on this weekends snowstorm as of 6 am Friday.

All models do show enough liquid for 12 inches or more, it's just a matter of how much over 12 inches do we get.
The NAM has us in the 1.75-2 inches of liquid range while the GFS has us in 1.25-1.50 range. if the snow stays with the 10-1 ratio we are talking 16-20 for the NAM and 12-15 for the GFS.

I still think there is a chance the storm stays a bit more south and it could mean the difference in 16-20 or 6-12, we are gonna have to watch the storm as it gets off the coast.
Also how much sleet or rain gets mixed in could affect the totals, won't know this till we get into NowCasting the storm.

JC

Offline xyonist

• Private
  • JcWeather
Re: Latest Models on Weekend Storm (Photos)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:50:07 AM »
Thanks for the update.  Let's hope the NAM prevails and our friends in the Poconos get to share in the fun.  Will be keeping an eye on the radar all day today and tomorrow.  Happy nowcasting!

Offline JC

• Administrator
  • JcWeather
    • JcWeather
Re: Latest Models on Weekend Storm (Photos)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 09:01:03 AM »
Good Snowy morning everyone.

Looking at the current radar (8am) I see some dry air working it's way into Philly, as of now it looks like we have about 12 inches on the ground, it's hard to judge the snow depths because of the high winds and snow drifts.
I expect the dry air to fill in again with snow and expect another 6-10 inches this afternoon.

all this should begin to end this evening.