Author Topic: Early prediction for this winter?  (Read 1897 times)

Offline xyonist

• Private
  • JcWeather
Early prediction for this winter?
« on: October 28, 2014, 01:54:36 PM »
Just wondering if you have any early snowfall total predictions for the coming winter?

Offline JC

• Administrator
  • JcWeather
    • JcWeather
Re: Early prediction for this winter?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 10:54:19 PM »
Usually around mid November I give my winter predictions.

JC

Offline xyonist

• Private
  • JcWeather
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 01:46:57 PM »
Channel 6 says slightly above average...about 36"-42"...with one or two major storms.  A pretty safe guess unless we happen to either double that or get nothing at all.

Offline JC

• Administrator
  • JcWeather
    • JcWeather
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 09:03:05 AM »
I did see her forecast, for Philly area I believe she quoted 30-36", and Ch 10 gave 40-45" and basis his prediction on how much snow Siberia and all of Eurasia gets in October among other factors.

Weather can make the best of us look really foolish when it comes to predicting it, I think a lot more things can change the weather than people think, even volcanic eruptions on the other end of the globe. weather during 911 WTC disaster was 2 degrees warmer during the days that all flights were grounded, this shows that even airplane exhaust can change the weather to some degree .

I have been right every year in my snow amounts, while all the weather news stations in Philly have been wrong over the past 5 years. 

Next week I will look at all my winter weather indicators and give my forecast soon after.

JC

Offline xyonist

• Private
  • JcWeather
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 12:08:19 PM »
Nice.  Definitely looking forward to it. 

I hope this isn't going to be another one of those years where we get into the pattern of freezing cold for 4-5 days in a row, then it warms up into the 40's just long enough to rain and we never get any snow.

Offline JC

• Administrator
  • JcWeather
    • JcWeather
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 08:25:57 PM »
Just before thanksgiving next week I will give my winter weather forecast for the 2014-2015 winter season.
I've been going over the data as well as all my other indicators, and it's all coming together now.
Stay tuned early next week

JC

Offline xyonist

• Private
  • JcWeather
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 03:27:46 PM »
I hope this isn't going to be another one of those years where we get into the pattern of freezing cold for 4-5 days in a row, then it warms up into the 40's just long enough to rain and we never get any snow.

Pretty much the forecast for the next 5 days.  Ugh.