Author Topic: 2014 - 2015 winter snow forecast  (Read 1246 times)

Offline JC

• Administrator
  • JcWeather
    • JcWeather
2014 - 2015 winter snow forecast
« on: November 25, 2014, 12:55:32 AM »
Ok it's that time of the year again for JcWeather to forecast the winter ahead, but first here are the winter forecast the all the major Philly weather tv networks.

Channel  snow amount

3  KYW  34-40"
6  ABC  30-36"
10 NBC 40-45"   This would be in the top 10 snowiest years of all time if correct.
29 FOX 29-33"

All weather stations above are predicting a below average winter temperatures.
Almost all of the channels are predicting a few big Nor'easters this winter coming up the coast.
although this is how we get most of our big snows during the course of the winter, I personally do not see this happening.

I think we will get stronger cold fronts down from Canada which will keep most storms out to sea, I do feel we will get much colder weather than we are use to the past winters.

We will probably get more Alberta Clippers than Nor'easters with 1-3 and 2-4 inch snows each and probably one Nor'easter up the coast, this one will be our biggest snow of the winter sometime at the end of January. it could be a 5-10" snowfall.

So for my winter snow forecast I am forecasting under 20" of snow, Lets call it 15-20" for the winter maybe even less with plenty of cold air.

We will have warmer than normal March and April 2015.

Have a safe and joyous Holiday Season :)

JC

Offline xyonist

• Private
  • JcWeather
Re: 2014 - 2015 winter snow forecast
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 12:01:56 PM »
Gah.  I hope you're off on your prediction, but something tells me you're probably spot on.  I can't really complain because we were so spoiled last year.  I just love this time of year.

Have a great holiday season.