Author Topic: Snow Jan 2  (Read 1502 times)

Offline vicente6

• Private 1st class
Snow Jan 2
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:45:51 PM »
Your winter forecast calls for more snow than all of the news stations, do it will be interesting to see how much we get.  Your are usually close.

So you think we won't get that much this weekend?

Offline JC

• Administrator
  • JcWeather
    • JcWeather
Re: Snow Jan 2
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:17:55 AM »
At last look, it is looking more favorable for more than 4"

I'll be keeping a close eye on it over the next couple days.

Offline JC

• Administrator
  • JcWeather
    • JcWeather
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:59:32 AM »
Happy New Year  :)

looking at the latest models I'm still leaning towards 4-6" of snow for Thursday night into Friday Morning.

It will be bitterly cold Friday with a high of about 20 deg and very windy. The low will be close to 5 deg.

I will take another look at the models tonight and again in the morning and make changes if needed.

JC

Offline vicente6

• Private 1st class
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:51:13 PM »
I'll be checking your site Thursday night and Friday to see what your latest thinking is. 
Lets have fun the next few days!

Offline JC

• Administrator
  • JcWeather
    • JcWeather
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 10:18:24 AM »
Ok, here is my thinking after seeing the latest models at 7am.

Not much has changed, we are looking at around .50 inches of liquid, that usually gives us 5" with a temp around 30 degrees for a 10-1 ratio, but as temps get much colder overnight that ration could be up to 17 to 1, so for this storm I think we will average about 13 to 1 ratio, given the 1/2" of liquid i think we will get that should be around 6.5 inches of snow.
So my thinking at this point is around 5-7 inches of snow.
there will be a lot of blowing and drifting snow, so it will be tough to get true measurements.

There could be another two model runs until the snow starts tonight(evening) and the liquid could go up or down, I will keep a close eye on the models and post any changes.

JC